Work Health & Safety Policy Statement
The Work Health and Safety Policy is to protect employees and others at our various workplaces from work-caused injury and ill health and to comply with all relevant safety legislation
Our Organisation is committed to:
- complying with statutory requirements, codes, standards and guidelines;
- providing a safe and healthy workplace for all of its employees, contractors, and visitors to its premises as well as to the premises of its customers;
- defining roles and responsibilities for occupational health and safety;
- setting up objectives and targets with the aim of eliminating work related incidents in relation to our activities, products and services;
- using of safe working systems supported by documented safe working procedures and will only use materials that are safe and do not pose a risk to the environment; and
- consulting with employees, contractors and our clients to improve decision-making on Occupational Health and Safety matters.
Our Organisation will take all steps necessary to ensure that its activities do not compromise this commitment.
The Health and Safety Policy receive the highest priority from the senior managers of the organization and this priority is communicated to all personnel connected with the company.
Managers will implement this Policy, being responsible for the health and safety of all persons working in any operation under their control. It is their responsibility to ensure that personnel who report to them are provided with the necessary instruction, training and resources to implement the Policy and hold them accountable to do so.
Employees are responsible to take care of their own health and safety and that of their fellow workers to the extent of their capability, by following all safety rules, procedures and instructions.
All incidents however minor are reported to management so that appropriate action can be undertaken to prevent a repetition or to minimise the risk.
Environmental Policy Statement
Gold Coast Barges is committed to undertaking its activities in an environmentally responsible manner and effectively managing any risk that may impact the environment. Gold Coast Barges will manage its work activities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of ecologically sustainable development and will deliver continuous improvement in environmental performance.
Gold Coast Barges will take all steps necessary to ensure that its activities do not compromise this commitment.
This Environment Policy Statement receives the highest priority from the senior managers and this priority is communicated to all personnel connected with the company.
Managers and Work supervisors are responsible, within their work areas to implement this policy; they must proactively address issues that may affect environmental performance at project worksites for which our Organisation is responsible.
All team members have a responsibility to actively contribute towards avoiding or minimising environmental impacts in their day to day activities. Employees must monitor the continued effective installation and operation of environmental controls within the scope of their day-to-day work.
All incidents however minor are reported to management so that appropriate action can be undertaken to prevent a repetition or to minimize the risk.
Our Organisation will reduce and recycle waste materials where possible and dispose of other waste material in a responsible manner.
All employees and contractors attend appropriate training courses for the type of work that they undertake so that they may complete their tasks in a competent and safe manner.
Our Organisation undertakes to consult its employees, contractors and the client on safety and environmental matters especially where any workplace change of practice may impact the environment or their obligations.
Quality Policy Statement
Gold Coast Barges is committed to implementing and maintaining a quality management system that will improve efficiency and productivity to ensure that all our services meet the requirements of our customers.
The quality management system shall be in accordance with the requirements of AS/NZS ISO 9001 quality management systems standards.
The aim of this policy and all associated procedures is to ensure that we fully understand and comply with our customer requirements at all times.
The objectives of this policy are to:
- Provide adequate resources to establish, implement and maintain the quality management system.
- Communicate this policy to all employees through inductions, training and ongoing example in the workplace.
- Ensure the management system is implemented across the organization.
- Promote a culture standard of zero defects performance
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of implementation of the system through a programme of audits to verify performance
Each workplace shall establish appropriate performance indicators to ensure these objectives are being met.
The senior management is committed to this quality policy and to the systems developed to deliver its objectives. Senior management supports staff in their commitment to:
- Comply with the quality system
- Continually improve the quality system
- Strive for excellence in the delivery of services
The quality management system assures our customers of our ongoing commitment to provide them with cost-effective, value-based solutions.